The Cathedral offers five services each Sunday, and a further eighteen weekday services. Two of the Sunday services are fully choral and are based on traditional liturgies from the Book of Common Prayer.
Founded in 1699 as a parish church and consecrated as a Cathedral in 1850, this is the oldest Anglican establishment in Canada. Our parish family serves the needs of a diverse downtown community in a growing city, while attracting people from all of St. John's and the neighbouring communities. We invite you to become part of our spiritual home.
The Cathedral is built on a hill. The higher elevation is on Gower Street (the north side). The nave of the Cathedral is on this level, so most people coming for a service enter using one of the two Gower Street entrances. The West Door (Church Hill) is used only for special occasions such as weddings. The are two doors on the south (parking lot) side. Getting from the door on the left to the upstairs is complicated and there is a very height-restricted passage. The main floor of the Cathedral can be reached from the door on the right when unlocked, but there is a very steep and long set of stairs to climb. The Cathedral's washrooms are located on the ground floor, near the bottom of the stairs.